Whereas, many of our members are participating in protests and actions against Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); and,
Whereas, the actions of ICE target the most vulnerable of the working class, splitting up families and incarcerating workers for trying to make a better life for themselves; and,
Whereas, ICE drives down the wages and working conditions of immigrant workers, attempts to pit immigrant & non-immigrant workers against each other, and is an obstacle to the progress of all working people; and,
Whereas, An injury to one is an injury to all;
Therefore Be it Resolved, the IWW Philadelphia GMB:
- Officially endorses the Stop ICE rally & activities scheduled for July 2nd, 2018;
- Demands the abolition of I.C.E. and a return to open borders;
- Calls for the Closing of the Berks County Family Detention Center;
- Opposes all cooperation between ICE and the Philadelphia police department, including ICE’s access to PARS;
- Will give material assistance to anti-ICE protests, civil disobedience, and other actions as we are able.
Nothing in this resolution shall be interpreted to imply endorsement of any political party, candidate for office, or any position on any election whatsoever.